Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Mighty Oak

Hi, evening everyone,

This is my latest card....a masculine card...I struggle with these. I like putting lace and flowers and trims and glitter and pretty things on my cards but guy cards don't allow any of these and that causes me to ponder and scratch my head about what to embellish it with. However, I finally finished it and I'm quite pleased.


The lovely oak tree stamp is from Sheena Douglas which I have heat embossed with black embossing powder and then created the background with my distress inks. A few patterned papers matted and layered to create a staggered background and a banner sentiment. Doesn't sound like much but I spent hours swapping and changing things around until I thought it looked ok.

I'd like to enter this card in to the Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes

See you soon

Lorraine

4 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Hi Lorraine,

Gorgeous card, I love the effect with the DI. Thank you for the recent comment you left on my blog. The buttons are by Doodlebug, I bought them probably about 4-5 years ago. I don't think they sell them anymore, sorry. You may still find some on ebay though.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks Michelle, I will have a look and see what I can find.
Lorraine

Little K Smith said...

This is a wonderful male card Lorraine! I love the tree stamp and your background is beautiful and a fab layout too!
Kelly.x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous tree stamp and a lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x