Friday 22 November 2013

Happy Birthday To A Dear Friend

Second post today, get me :)
A dear friends birthday is coming up soon and I thought I'd try a different style of card to what I am used to, I like to have a go at other styles and designs now and again, mainly because I don't think I have a definite style of my own - I think I'm still trying to find mine lol.
I really like kraft and duck-egg blue together so this is my card.

The papers are from a digital set I have that I inked with DI Brushed Corduroy and the flowers are WOC. The lovely banner die is from Joanna Sheen's Signature Die range - a purchase from the NEC recently - the sentiment is from a Verve stamp set, 'Great Friend' and I won this in a giveaway, it stamps beautifully. Oh, can you see my doily? I've had some of these for absolutely ages and finally got to use one. The little tag pulls out and reveals another sentiment, here's a pic.
Front...
 ...and back
 
I really enjoyed making this style of card albeit a little tricky, adding the layers without making it too cluttered, I hope it worked.
I don't know if this will pass as vintage but I am going to try entering it in to the challenge at:
A Creative Romance - Vintage Style
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
 
Enjoy the rest of your day,
See you all soon
Lorraine
 

 
 
 

4 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow I love this, fab colours together and you have layered it beautifully. Love the cute dino below too

Wishcraft said...

Love the sentiment and all your pretty details, so lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

My Creative Therapy said...

You've accomplished a beautiful balance, not cluttered at all :) I love the color palette, sentiments and the card design. Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
Kathi
DT Member

Berry said...

Just stunning sweetie thanks for playing at a creative romance hugs Rebekah xx