Friday 10 January 2014

Marvelous Magnolia

Hi,
I was inspired to enter the challenge over at Marvelous Magnolia by Linda Levoir, one of the DT members. She has made a wonderful card for the challenge and you can see it on her blog Sticky with Glitter . I only have three Magnolia Tilda stamps at the moment so I chose one which looked fairly simple to colour as I intended to try something new. Instead of using my Promarkers I thought I would try water colouring with Distress Inks for a change.

Card Recipe
Cardstock - Kraft
Papers - Doodlebug Designs (spotted)
Distress Inks and waterbrush
Stickles
Flowers and lace - WOC
Corner Dies - Marianne Designs LR0280
Frame Die - Memory box Small Felicity Frame
 
As it's my first attempt at water colouring with DI's I don't think it turned out too bad. I know what to change for next time now. The challenge at Marvelous Magnolia requires lace in your project and as I've almost covered mine up here's a close up just to prove it's there, lol.
I'd like to enter this in to the following challenges:
Marvelous Magnolia - Lovely Lace
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through The Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
Scribble & Scrap - Anything Goes
A Creative Romance - Something New (Water colour technique)
 
Well that's it from me, hope you've all had a lovely day and looking forward to the weekend.
 
See you soon,
Lorraine

10 comments:

Andree said...

A gorgeous card. The colouring with DIs is brilliant and I love the layout.

Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

Linda Levoir said...

What a lovely card Lorraine, you are brave trying out the distress inks, something I've wanted to do myself for a while but not gathered the courage to do yet :P I think it's a fantastic job for a first attempt and a very pretty card. Love the Tilda you've chosen and she looks so happy and sunny in yellow. I know where you're coming from about covering the lace, it's something I constantly do myself, but I think you can see more of yours than mine hehe. Thanks for joining our Lovely Lace challenge at Marvelous Magnolia and good luck :) xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is soooooo gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Tracy said...

I applaud you for the DI watercoloring. Although I've tried it a bit, I'm more comfortable with my markers. :-) Your colors just pop and bring a smile to my face. Lovely job with this sweet little princess. Hugs!

Gina's Cards said...

Such a lovely card Lorraine!! The colouring is lovely (I've not attempted to use DI's yet) and the design of your card is so pretty!
Hugs
Gina x

Cinzia C. said...

What a gorgeous colorful card Lorraine!!Tilda is so sweet in your very good first attempt with DIs and love sooo much the card layout!!

Thank you very much for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia Lovely Lace challenge.

Hugs
Cinzia

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Lorraine. Fab image and colours.
Thanks for joining Crafty Little Fairies this week.
Lorraine x

Elena F Scrap said...

Very beautiful and colorful card matching papers and your stamp coloring. Thanks for join us at Marvelous Magnolia anything goes challenge.Good luck in the draw. Elena F.

Elena F Scrap said...

Well, me again, wanted to say thanks for participating in our Lace theme. Elena.

Alyx said...

Beautiful, autumnal colours. Great card.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx