Thursday 23 January 2014

Sketch Saturday # 293

Hi Crafters,
Well I took some great advice from a bloggy friend and followed a sketch in the hope of kicking my Mojo in to life again.....and I think it's working! Thanks Linda.

 
Now I know I've taken the easy option of that lovely decoupage set of Wellington the Bear from Docrafts again but I have followed the sketch at...
...and I am entering this card for the challenge.
I used the decoupage from the sheet but this time I only used the matching papers for the banners. The beautifully embossed star card, which I Distress Inked with Faded Jeans, came from Lime Tree Crafts and I purchased this from Birmingham NEC last year. The faded type font paper comes from Hot Off The Press and I've had it in my stash for ages. I was hoarding it but sense prevailed and I thought it would look great with this combination.
That's two cards made for February, I have another nine to complete AND I'm now slightly behind with my 'One a week Christmas card' challenge that I am determined to stick to...   ...so I might see you all later with another post.
 
Bye for now,
 
Lorraine


6 comments:

Linda Levoir said...

Beautiful card Lorraine, love the inking on the embossing, I've never quite managed to get a handle on doing it that neatly and love those fishtail banners! So glad you've started to find your mojo again. Hugs, Linda :) xx

Gina's Cards said...

Another wonderful card and the banners finish it nicely!
Hugs
Gina x

Niki Rowland said...

Fab card, cute image. Love the embossed star background. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I really like this one as well Lorraine I do admire crafters who can do the clean and simple style you seem to have got it off to a tee with this one as well as the one above, fabulous papers and image, love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Lorraine! Love the decoupage image! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday!

coops said...

so stunning lorraine.really love your design and papers and the image is fab :D

xx coops xx