Wednesday 22 October 2014

Practising Colouring Balloons

Hi Everyone,
I've had this gorgeous little Lili of the Valley stamp in my stash for ages and haven't used it before - shame on me -  so I thought I had better ink it up and colour it today. The balloons were a challenge to colour because I wanted to be able to see through the front one and make it translucent. So I have been practising and made two cards to show today and another that I will share tomorrow.


This is 'Maisie Two Balloons' and isn't she a sweetie !
I coloured her and the balloons with my Promarkers but paper pieced the dress using a design paper from 'The Shabby Shack' paper pad, also from Lili of the Valley.
Both papers on this card were from the same pad. I embossed the green one with a Stampin'Up embossing folder.
The little banners are MFT dies and that's an LOTV sentiment stamp too.
Then I glittered around the image with glamour dust, something I picked up from Dawny P.
Challenges,
Sketch Saturday - #332
Come And Get It - Childs Card
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Sister Act - #79 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - #53 Anything Goes
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - #51 ATG + twist Add Pink
LOTV Ideas To Inspire - Anything Goes
(embossing, sentiment, sparkle)
 
 
My second card is along the same theme but with an orange and yellow colour scheme.
 
 
So this card is similar but uses My Minds Eye papers - 'The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine' and some cut apart banners from the pad with a few MME enamel dots thrown in for good measure.
 
Challenges
Come And Get It - Childs Card
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Sister Act - #79 Anything Goes
LOTV Ideas To Inspire - Anything Goes
CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge - October challenge
 
So glad you could visit me this evening, please join me again tomorrow for another 'Maisie' card.
 
Bye for now,
 
Lorraine




11 comments:

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Lorraine. Your colouring of the sweet image is fabulous, especially the balloons! Beautiful papers and great use of the sketch too.
Sue xx

Planetsusie said...

I have my DT hat on today Lorraine and I want to say that these two are gorgeous. You really have sorted those balloons! Practise certainly has worked out, they look totally transparent. Love both of these cards.

Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Bingo) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Bunny said...

Hey, Lorraine. I think the balloons turned out great. This is really a cute card. Someone is going to love this. Thank you for playing at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both of these creations are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxx

Jacee said...

Fantastic Lorraine, you have done the balloons absolutely perfectly!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful sketch interpretation! Beautiful papers,image and coloring!
Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge. Good luck and I hope to see again.
Ileanaxx

Carla S. said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Lorraine! Love the colors, papers and sweet image! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

Melanie said...

Great cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Card for a child” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Come and Get It)

Gina's Cards said...

You're absolutely right, she is a real sweetie and so are you cards. Your translucent colouring is absolutely fabulous. Love the colours, papers and wonderful dies.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Gina x

Alex H. said...

Wonderful cards and beautiful colouring! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
;-) Alex H.

Erica said...

Such wonderful cards! The balloons look fabulous!

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge!

Good Luck

Hugs

Erica x