Thursday 10 December 2015

Christmas Cheer

Hi Crafters,

I'm still making Christmas cards but I can see the end of the tunnel now and only have a few more left to create.
I'd like to share three cards that I've made using this great new die that I purchased from Craft Stash.
I love this die and it's going to be so useful for future Christmas's too.



Recipe
Die - Christmas Chalkboard Die
Papers - Papermania Christmas Time Pad
Corner Die - Crafters Companion

I've made these and also some where I have filled in the tree and 'Christmas' cut outs with contrasting coloured card for a different look.

As the name of this die is 'Christmas Chalkboard' I thought I would make one of those too as a Christmas plaque ornament.


I've painted the wooden plaque with black acrylic paint, when dry I swiped white ink across the surface and smudged it to look like chalk. I then attached the white card stock die cut, a few holly leaves and pearl berries. The edge of the plaque is covered in red velvet ribbon and the green grosgrain ribbon for the hanging loop.

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Christmas Cards All Year Round - CAS
Crafty Time - #8 ATG
Come & Get It - ATG Merry Christmas
That Craft Place - Christmas
Crafty Creations - #304 Happy Holiday
Fussy & Fancy - #153 Words
Crafty Friends - #20 Christmas
Allsorts Challenge - #340 CAS

Thanks for visiting, I know things are very busy at the moment for everyone so I really appreciate the time you have taken to stop by.
I'll be back tomorrow for my 'oldie' share with Erika so until then...
..take care.

Lorraine 
xXx

24 comments:

brenda said...

That is a lovely die Lorraine, never fails to amaze me the detail and clarity die cut nowadays.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Gorgeous cards made from a great die. Hugs Christine xx

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards and wonderful plaque Lorraine, such a fabulous die.
Pauline
x

meg said...

Wonderful die Lorraine, especially love the chalkboard plaque, the white red and green are so bright against the black, stunning make

Gina's Cards said...

Oh what a great die this is and I love what you have made with it. I have another 7 cards to make yet and I'm starting to panic lol.
Hugs
Gina xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Lorraine, beautiful cards, it's a fabulous die and your chalk plaque is beautiful, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Lorraine, the die looks fab.
Lorraine x

Barb said...

What a fantastic die that is. The cards look lovely. I especially like the chalk board one. Barbxx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, love the fab die.

Donna x

Carol S. said...

Fab die and great use of them. A great must have die. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carol said...

What a fabulous die Lorraine, great for mass producing. Love your cards and your plaque looks great as a chalkboard. Carol x

rachel said...

awesome makes - they look fabulous Lorraine x

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful Lorraine. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Pamellia said...

Wow, amazing die Lorraine. You have really put it to good use here and made a wonderful collection of holiday cards. Love the metallic! hugs :)

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards. Thank you for sharing at this weeks "CAS' challenge at Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Erika said...

Loving your veins of cards with this die Lorraine. I love mine too.
Hugs Erika. X

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lorraine these are fantastic a great sentiment that looks brilliant on any background
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

I still keep remembering cards I have to make lol all great cards but love the chalkboard one
Carol x

Tracy said...

What an awesome die cut! I especially like the white version on the chalkboard style wood. Awesome home decor piece. :-)

Linda Levoir said...

Love the different looks you achieved here, simple but elegant, I adore the chalkboard one! :) xx

Mia Scott said...

Very beautiful cards and chalkboard! Thank you for joining in with the 'Happy Holiday' challenge at Crafty Creations. Mia - DT Member xx

Unknown said...

A stunning creation,perfect for our Christmas theme.

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Friends.

Hope you join us again soon.

Tracey DT xx

Kay Dalton said...

just love these, great showcase for the sentiment ,thanks for joining us at That Craft Place hugs, kay